Working for: Ronnie Cowan MP for Inverclyde
Job Title: Caseworker (permanent contract)
Location: Constituency office in Greenock, Inverclyde.
Travel around the constituency or to Westminster may be required.
Hours: full time (37.5 per week, with occasional evening or weekend working when time off in lieu will be given)
Salary: £21,529 – £31,705
Details: Ronnie Cowan MP is looking for a Caseworker, to work in his constituency office in Inverclyde. This a perfect opportunity for someone with excellent administrative and IT skills, who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude, and would like to gain experience in a Member of Parliament’s office.
The Caseworker will provide support to the MP’s constituents on a range of issues, such as financial, housing, immigration, and social security. They will help to resolve problems through liaising with UK and Scottish government agencies, local authorities, charity/voluntary sector or other organizations.
Applicants should have a strong interest in local and national politics, and an awareness of the constituency of Inverclyde.
Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend constituency surgeries and meetings.
- Manage and progress a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress, analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Respond to correspondence and enquiries from constituents, including drafting letters, emails and documents.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Maintain, update and develop knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
- Administrative support for the office.
- Excellent IT skills including a casework tracking system, MS Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook), Internet and Intranet.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, with a positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Good office administration skills.
Interview: Interviews will be held at 20 Crawfurd Street, Greenock, PA15 1LJ.
Start Date: As soon as security clearance & pre-employment check questionnaire completed.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities, to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 9th May 2022