Written question – Gambling [09/11/2018]

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what funding his Department has allocated to (a) support and (b) treat people who indicate they are addicted to gambling or have suffered gambling related harm in (i) 2018-19 and (ii) 2017-18. (186383)

Tabled on: 31 October 2018

Steve Brine:

Decisions on the commissioning of effective treatment services are the responsibility of local commissioners, based on an assessment of local need. Information on funding allocated to gambling related services is not held centrally.

There are a range of services available to people with a gambling addiction, details of which can be found on the NHS Choices website at the following link:


The answer was submitted on 09 Nov 2018 at 10:26.